- Gestation over 20 weeks, no preparation required.
- Gestation under 20 weeks, patient must drink at least 32 ounces of water approximately one hour prior to the exam time.
- Patient must maintain a full bladder for this examination.
- Real time imaging of the fetus in utero with measurements to determine fetal age, fetal abnormalities, fetal viability, fetal heartbeat, fetal movement, placenta location and maturity as well as the cervix and adnexal area.
- Images documented in sagital, transverse and oblique planes in digital format.
Examination Time: Approximately 30-60 minutes.
CPT Code: 76805 – Complete Obstetrical. 76810 – Complete Obstetrical Multi Gestation.